Thursday, August 5, 2010

Let's Have a Vote

Exactly how busy are we all?

The original idea for this blog came to me after the death of my live book club. It would be nice to start it up again, however a lot of people have moved away or are going to be moving away. So instead, let's try the internet.

The hardest thing about the old book club was keeping it monthly. Everyone is so busy that it was quite the challenge for people to all find a copy (especially considering that we were mostly using the same library), read it, and have a meeting that the majority of members could attend. What I want to do here is to have the meetings be rolling- I'll start a topic and it will go for as long as it needs to. What I want to know is whether it should be bi-monthly or tri-monthly.

So tell me, how busy are you?

I'm opening it up for voting starting right now, ending August 25th. By that date, I will have picked the first book. I'm not going to pick the book every time- that will eventually come from a voting system or a rotation depending on how many followers we end up with.

Just use the comments section to cast your vote! Only one per person please.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Bimonthly should be fine, I think. I can't wait to find out what the first book is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think bi-monthly is good. If you space it out too much the whole thing will likely just be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds awesome, and my vote's for bimonthly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I could swing bimonthly, at least after the summer!

    ReplyDelete